Can I modify what has already been decided?

You can modify a previous order; however, you must show a change in circumstances. Typically the change in circumstances must be substantial.

Our family law lawyers provide services in modifications of all types of family law cases including:

  • Child support.
  • Visitation.
  • Child custody.
  • Alimony/spousal support.

Our family law attorneys provide a free initial consultation to discuss with you the reason that you are requesting a modification and whether your reason is a valid reason for modifying your previous order. Some reasons could be:

  • Job loss for alimony or child support modifications.
  • Remarriage for alimony modifications.
  • Chemical dependency for custody or visitation modifications.
  • Mental health concerns for custody or visitation modifications.
  • Unstable living conditions for custody or visitation modifications.

Of course, these are just a handful of reasons someone may want to modify their previous order. Call our office to speak to one of our family law attorneys today at 515-955-2193 or toll free 855-955-2193.