You can modify a previous order; however, you must show a change in circumstances. Typically the change in circumstances must be substantial.
Our family law lawyers provide services in modifications of all types of family law cases including:
- Child support.
- Child custody.
- Alimony/spousal support.
Our family law attorneys provide a free initial consultation to discuss with you the reason that you are requesting a modification and whether your reason is a valid reason for modifying your previous order. Some reasons could be:
- Job loss for alimony or child support modifications.
- Remarriage for alimony modifications.
- Chemical dependency for custody or visitation modifications.
- Mental health concerns for custody or visitation modifications.
- Unstable living conditions for custody or visitation modifications.
Of course, these are just a handful of reasons someone may want to modify their previous order. Call our office to speak to one of our family law attorneys today at 515-955-2193 or toll free 855-955-2193.
Derek Johnson Law Office
809 Central Avenue
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
855-955-2193 Toll Free