How do I terminate someone's parent rights?

There are several different ways to terminate parental rights. The most common way is for the State to become involved due to problems in the home.

The State after time may file what's called a Petition to Terminate Parental Rights. There are also situations where one parent isn't involved in his or her child's life. The other parent may have remarried and be interested in terminating parental rights so that their new spouse may adopt the child.

The court will not terminate parental rights unless there are grounds to terminate parental rights. There are several grounds to terminate parental rights such as abuse of a child or abandonment. The person seeking to terminate another person's parental rights must prove grounds.

Whether you are seeking to terminate a person's parental rights or you are facing a termination of parental rights action, you want a qualified advocate to present your case. No family law issue is the same. We offer a free initial consultation to allow you to meet our attorneys and discuss your case. This will allow you decide whether our attorneys are a good fit for your case. We have a centrally located office in Fort Dodge. Call our family law attorneys today at 515-955-2193 or 855-955-2193.