My ex-husband/wife is not following the divorce agreement we already have.

If your ex and you have already gone to court and developed an agreement that was approved by the Court, your ex can be held in contempt for not following the court ordered agreement.

The attorneys at Derek Johnson Law Office can file a motion in Court to ask the Judge to hold your ex-husband/wife accountable for not following the agreement. This is typically called an application for a rule to show cause. This application would be served on your ex and a hearing scheduled. At the hearing, you would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your ex is not following the agreement. If you prove that, the court could order you're your ex make up for lost visitation time, pay a fine, or serve time in jail.

The attorneys at Derek Johnson Law Office provide services in both filing and defending contempt motions. We will provide you a free initial consultation in Fort Dodge to discuss your case more in depth. Call you child custody attorney today at 515-955-2193 and 855-955-2193.